It can feel stressful and overwhelming during an event like the outbreak of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) and we can all be affected differently. The following information from Headspace outlines strategies that might be helpful to manage any changes to daily life as a result of containment measures for COVID-19.
Tips to maintain a healthy headspace during this time:
• Be mindful of exposure to information through stories, traditional and social media. It can be helpful to take a break from the 24-hour news cycle.
• Do things that make you feel physically and emotionally safe, and be with those who are helpful to your wellbeing
• Engage in activities that promote a sense of calm and feeling grounded (use of alcohol and other drugs can be counterproductive with this).
• It can help to talk with a trusted adult if it all feels a bit much.
Additional Online Resources Available:
Additional Phone Services (In more immediate cases):
• Kids Helpline 1800 55 1800
• Life Line 13 11 14
• Beyond Blue 1300 22 46 36
• Headspace 1800 650 890
• 1800 Respect 1800 61 44 34
• National Coronavirus Helpline 1800 020 080
Please contact your student’s care group teacher or the Wellbeing Leader, Karen Jones, at Springbank if you would like further support on strategies for maintaining good mental health.