Springbank’s Middle School provides a safe, secure and enriching environment for Year 8 and 9 students.
A RELEVANT AND RIGOROUS CURRICULUM
Students at year 8 and 9 experience a range of set subjects so that they are able to make meaningful subject choices in future years. The Australian Curriculum frames high quality teaching and learning at Springbank Secondary College.
At Springbank we have strategies and structures to identify and meet the diverse learning needs of students. These strategies include:
• Individualised programs for students via student and teacher negotiation
• Assessment and monitoring of students against the set standards and criteria
• Specific social skills program – Pathways to Success - a Life Skills program.
Middle school students are encouraged to take responsibility for their learning through:
• Effective use of the school diary
• Following the values of the school
• Responding to feedback as provided.