The Basketball Academy is embedded in the Health and Physical Education curricula of the Australian Curriculum. The program provides quality experienced coaching in a dynamic and supportive environment.
Flinders University’s functional screening program and testing is provided to increase player performance and durability through a strength and conditioning program.
In partnership with Flinders University and Basketball SA, Springbank Secondary College is developing a High Performance Basketball program which aims to include:
- Personal learning plan with a basketball and pathway focus
- Opportunity to apply for a scholarship sponsored by Basketball SA
- Strength and conditioning
- Coaching and accreditation
- The use of technology to assist skill acquisition
- Sports nutrition
- Injury prevention
- Performance development and analysis