To encourage and support the development of individual Springbank Secondary College Basketball Academy students, and in collaboration with Basketball SA, up to four scholarships will be offered in 2024 in accordance with the Basketball SA agreement.
The scholarships, sponsored by Basketball SA, are intended to provide financial support for the recipients to further their development and could contribute to:
- Basketball club fees
- Appropriate footwear and supplies
- Additional individual training or coaching sessions
Opportunity to apply for scholarships will commence in November 2023 and closing date is Tuesday 5 December, 2023. Late applications will not be considered.
Eligibility to apply
Students who are currently:
- enrolled and actively participating in the Springbank Secondary College Basketball Academy (2023)
- Students who are in enrolled in the basketball academy for 2024.
- demonstrating high level of skill and commitment to the sport.
- representing a club or community basketball team competing at a high level.
- demonstrating the school’s values of respect, integrity and excellence in all aspects of school life.
- meeting all learning and behaviour expectations of Springbank Secondary College.
Criteria for selection
In a written application, students will need to provide evidence of:
- Demonstrated high level of skill in the sport.
- Demonstrated positive commitment to basketball, the academy and the school.
Evidence of these should be supported by written references from relevant personnel.
Expectations of recipients
The scholarship holder is expected to:
- represent the school in school-based competitions - Knockout basketball, 3X3 carnivals, other scheduled games (participation in after school zone sport is not a requirement).
- support and promote the SSC Academy and the school at promotion events such as Open Night, Transition Days and Sports Carnivals.
A scholarship assessment panel including Basketball SA CEO or representative, Springbank Secondary College Principal and SSC Basketball Academy Teacher will assess each application and determine a short list of applicants. Interviews will be conducted between Thursday 7 December – Monday 11 December. The scholarships will be awarded by the end of the 2023 school year. The assessment panel’s decision is final.
Recipients of the scholarship in 2023 will not be eligible for a scholarship in 2024.
The application form (.pdf) is available below or complete the online form along with attached documentation to support your submission.